Last updated: December 11, 2019
Privacy Noob (also referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.privacynoob.com (also referred to as “site”).
Because we are all about online safety, we respect the privacy of visitors to our site (also referred to as “users” or “you”)
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit our site, we may collect, save and use the following types of information:
- Personally identifiable information, such as your email ID and name, that you provide us when you register to receive email communications from our site.
- Information that you enter when creating a profile on our site, including your profile image, name, date of birth, gender, interests, relationship status, education level, and occupation.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, geographical location, and other log data that your browser sends whenever you visit our site.
- Information regarding any transactions you conduct for goods/services and/or goods/services through our site (this includes your card details, postal code, telephone number, and address).
- Any information that you exchange with us through email and social media communications.
- The details you enter on our site for subscribing to our email newsletters and/or notifications.
- All other personal information that you consent to share with us by any means.
Use of Personal Information
Generally speaking, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Personalize our site for you
- Send you email communications that you have requested with your consent
- Deal with complaints related to our site
- Prevent fraud and keep our site secure
- Inform you of third-party solutions which we think you may find interesting
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with any of our personnel, subcontractors, legal advisers, affiliates, and suppliers inasmuch as required for compliance-related purposes and for any other reasons listed in this policy.
Your personal information may be disclosed:
- to the extent of the law as required;
- in respect of any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- For the purpose of establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights (including the disclosure of information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who may apply to a court or other competent authority for the disclosure of such information where we, at our reasonable discretion, have reason to believe that such court or authority would be likely to order such disclosure.
Safeguarding of Personal Information
Because the security of your personal information is very important to us, we will take commercially accepted steps to protect it. However, it’s important for you to be aware that, despite our best efforts, even the best security measures are not guaranteed to be impenetrable.
Any information that you disclose online by any means is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized third parties.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee 100% security whenever you enter personal information on our site.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data that may include unique identifiers. They are sent from our web server to your web browser and stored on your computer.
Although Cookies don’t typically contain any information that can be used to personally identify a user, any personal user information that we collect and store may be linked to information that we obtain from Cookies.
You can also use the same method to remove any Cookies you may have installed in the past.
Website users who disable Cookies before accessing the site may be restricted from accessing certain features. They also assume all responsibility for any resulting degradation of experience or functionality.
Our site contains hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites.
Please note that this policy only applies on our site. Should you visit any other website through any hyperlinks on our site, you will be subject to that site’s rules and policies.
We are not responsible for, and have no control over, the privacy policies or operations of any third-parties.
This policy will be effective as of December 11, 2019 and will remain in effect unless otherwise specified by us.
We reserve the right to update or change this policy at any time and without any prior notice. Should we make any changes to this policy, we will update the “Last Updated” date beneath the title of this page.
You may at any time instruct us to provide you with any personal information we log about you. The provision of such personal information will be subject to:
- The payment of a reasonable fee; and
- The supply of appropriate proof of your identity, such as a photocopy of your passport that has been certified by a solicitor or bank, together with an original copy of a utility bill in your name that shows your current address.
You may instruct us at any time to not process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, we will either provide you with an option to opt out, or you will expressly agree in advance to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you are permitted by the California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) to request and obtain from us once a year and free of charge:
- The details about the personal information (if any) disclosed by us to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of such third parties.
If you are a California resident who is under the age of 18 years and has a registered account on our site, you have the right to request that we remove unwanted data publicly posted by you on our site.
If you are a California resident and would like to make any requests in respect of the points above, please submit your written request to us at the applicable contact information provided below.
EU (European Union) Privacy Rights
If you are an EU resident, and wish to exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, please contact us in writing at the relevant contact details below.
By continuing to use our site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this policy.
If you do not agree to any of the terms of this policy, please do not access our site.
If you have any questions regarding the terms of this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us.